If you are running a FiveM server and want to provide this map there then download 3.0-FiveM
Otherwise (common case) if you want to use it on your own device please download version 3.0-SP
This mod without other mods applied works with the original gameconfig.xml and without any heap adjustment.
However, if you are using multiple mods it might be the case that at some point you need to adapt the gameconfig.xml and/or the heap (that is a general statement and is not specific to this mod).
If you are unsure just give it a try without changing the gameconfig.xml and the heap. In case you then experience crashes please install these add-ons as well:
Credits & Notes
This map is based on the map GTA V Remastered in version 2.0b by le__AK
I want to thank him very much for that great map and his permission to publish this extension.
Please note that version 3.0 marginally changed the visual appearance but its main purpose was to enhance performance and stability (for more information please go to section “Changelog”) .That’s also why I just re-used the screenshots from le__AK.
This mod is compatible with Forests of San Andreas: Revised
(tested having both mods installed, using the original gameconfig.xml and no heap adjuster).
- Works as Add-On Ymaps, this means perfect integration in the game.
- 7000 more variety objects added around L.S. (trees, palms trees, plants, benches, bins, litters, terrasses/tables/chairs, chickens, … and so much more).
- All props are manually placed with different orientation, size and rotation.
Main purpose of this version was to significantly increase performance and ensure stability. This is achieved by the following changes:
- Created textures and models for medium far distance view (LOD models) for vegetation entities.
- In addition to medium far distance view models (LOD models) three further far distance view models were created (SLOD1 to SLOD3 models).
- Reduced/recalculated values for far distance view models (in accordance to their size) to be more consistent with other entities.
- Performed clustering of entities to get reasonable chunks of maps (to get rid of having some ymap files with huge extents).
- Fixed some floating vegetation entities.
- Enabled reflections of vegetation (that is because for reflections LOD and SLOD1 to SLOD3 models are used).
- Fixed wrong collisions by providing static collision models (before only embedded collision was used but since embedded collision ignores scaling every scaled tree ended up with a wrong collision).
- Provided OIV installation and uninstallation file.
- Provided FiveM resource bundle.
Version 2.0b (credits to le__AK)
- Removed some unrealistic object at observatory since there is nothing on the grass in real life L.A. observatory.
- Added new Downtown L.S. areas (3 new files added for about 300+ new objects). You can see this in the quarter around L.S. bank tower.
Version 2.0 (credits to le__AK)
- Removed unnecessary props in every file to lighten the mod and make it closer to real life.
- Adjusted (decreased) lod distance for big forest in countryside of L.S.
- Slightly downscale the height of some props like palm trees in every file of the mod to make it more natural for your eyes.
- No more modified gameconfig needed to run the mod.
Download the mod: https://www.gta5-mods.com/maps/gta-v-remastered-enhanced