Persevering with on the idea of the previous bulletins concerning DLC updates, right here’s one other one for the Los Santos Tuners launch for GTAO subsequent Tuesday.
Currently, build 1604, 2060 and 2189 are all functional. In addition to that, build 2189 was supported in a record 1 day (Merge branch ‘feature/port-to-2189’ into master-pub · citizenfx/[email protected] · GitHub – the identical day because the replace launched, with precise community game performance following 3 days later in tweak(shared): more reliable game build switching + 2189 support · citizenfx/[email protected] · GitHub).
- As per usual, the existing releases will all continue to work fine with the updated base game.
- On launch day, we’ll release the weekly production release after the update launches, with two changes to ensure compatibility:
- Delta patches from the new build down to 1604, 2060 and 2189 for fast initial downloads.
- Blocking of assets from the new update when loaded as user resource on older releases. This is blatant piracy, and in addition solely led to numerous compatibility points when the brand new launch truly will get supported and used. This implies you’ll have to attend, however we are going to hopefully hit the 1-week goal for brand spanking new launch help superb.
- Inside 1-2 weeks from launch (2060 took 9 days, 2189 took 1-3 days), we’ll add the power to allow the brand new construct as a DLC stage in your server. It nonetheless will in all probability have a variety of unexpected little regressions and points, which is why it’s behind an opt-in.
- We might end up porting debug info to newer game builds, which hopefully ought to permit 2189 or the brand new construct to be set as ‘default’ game launch possibility for brand spanking new servers.
With the V next-gen update for PC only releasing in February 2022 or later, not much can be said about this. Portable game support (FiveM mobile) is still pending ‘someone having time to work on it’, where the same goes for using the same technology for Linux support and/or OneCoreUAP support such as Xbox SystemOS with dev unlock.
Sadly, Apple blocked JIT on iOS again, so no iOS port any time soon.
Original source: https://forum.cfx.re/t/regarding-the-los-santos-tuners-dlc/3929877