VALORANT has a wide selection of characters to choose from, each with a unique set of abilities.
There are multiple characters available to play in the game, from an aging American war veteran to an ominous hooded wraith. Each agent has a special set of abilities that can be used to create advantages in tactical situations.
Here are all 18 playable agents in VALORANT.
- Gravity Well – Activate a Star to form a Gravity Well. Players in the area are pulled toward the center before it explodes, making all players still trapped inside fragile.
- Nova Pulse – Activate a Star to detonate a Nova Pulse. The Nova Pulse charges briefly then strikes, concussing all players in its area.
- Nebula – Activate a Star to transform it into a Nebula (smoke).
- Dissipate – Use (F) on a Star to Dissipate it, returning the star to be placed in a new location after a delay. Dissipate briefly forms a fake Nebula at the Star’s location before returning.
- Ultimate: Astral Form / Cosmic Divide – Activate to enter Astral Form where you can place Stars with primary fire. Stars can be reactivated later, transforming them into a Nova Pulse, Nebula, or Gravity Well. When Cosmic Divide is charged, use secondary fire in Astral Form to begin aiming it, then primary fire to select two locations. An infinite Cosmic Divide connects the two points you select. Cosmic Divide blocks bullets and heavily dampens audio.
- Aftershock – Equip a Fusion Charge. Fire the charge to set a slow-activating burst through a wall. The burst does heavy damage to anyone caught in the area.
- Flashpoint – Equip a blinding charge. Fire the charge to set a fast-acting burst through a wall. The charge detonates to blind all players looking at it.
- Fault Lines – Equip a seismic blast. Hold Fire to increase the distance. Release to set off the quake, dazing all players in its zone in a line up to the zone.
- Ultimate: Rolling Thunder – Equip a seismic charge. Fire to send a cascading quake through all terrain in a large cone. The quake dazes and knocks up anyone caught in it.
- Incindiary – Launch an incendiary grenade that deploys a damaging field of fire.
- Stim Beacon – Target a nearby location to call in a Stim Beacon, giving all players near it Rapidfire.
- Sky Smoke – Use your map to call in orbital deployment smokescreens that obscure vision. Click to set the locations, and confirm to launch.
- Ultimate: Orbital Strike – Use your map to target a location, launching a devastating orbital strike that pulses for high damage over several seconds.
- Trademark – Place a trap that scans for enemies. When a visible enemy comes in range, the trap counts down and then destabilizes the terrain around them, creating a lingering field that slows players caught inside of it.
- Headhunter – Activate to equip a heavy pistol. Alt fire with the pistol equipped to aim down sights.
- Rendezvous – Place two teleport anchors. While on the ground and in range of an anchor, reactivate to quickly teleport to the other anchor. Anchors can be picked up to be redeployed.
- Ultimate – Tour de Force – Activate to summon a powerful, custom sniper rifle that will kill an enemy with any direct hit. Killing an enemy creates a lingering field that slows players caught inside of it.
- Trapwire – Place a stealthed tripwire between two walls. Triggering enemies are restrained and revealed for a short time. If the trap isn’t destroyed, it activates to daze the trapped victim. It can be picked up.
- Cyber Cage – Toss out a remote activation trap. Reactivate to create a cage that slows enemies who pass through it. Look at a trap and press “use” to detonate it, or hold “activate” to detonate all.
- Spycam – Place a remote camera. After placing, reactivate to view the video feed. Left click while in camera to fire a tracking dart. It recharges when picked up or killed.
- Ultimate: Neural Theft – Extract information from the corpse of an enemy, revealing the location of their living allies.
- Cloudburst – Throw out a cloud of fog that obscures vision on impact. Hold down the ability button to bend the cloud’s in-flight trajectory.
- Updraft – After a brief wind up, propel yourself upwards.
- Tailwind – Immediately dash a short distance in the direction you’re moving.
- Ultimate: Blade Storm – Arm yourself with several deadly throwing knives that deal moderate damage and kill on headshots. Scoring a kill restores all daggers. Left click throws a single dagger. Right click throws all remaining daggers in a short-ranged burst.
- ZERO/point – KAY/O equips a suppression blade that, when thrown, sticks to the first surface it hits. The knife then winds up and suppresses anyone caught in the explosion radius, rendering their abilities useless.
- FLASH/drive – KAY/O equips a flash grenade that explodes after it’s thrown, blinding enemies in its line of sight. Right-clicking the grenade causes it to only cook for one second before exploding. Left-clicking cooks the flash for 1.6 seconds longer.
- FRAG/ment – KAY/O equips an explosive fragment that sticks to the floor when thrown. The fragment explodes multiple times and deals near lethal damage at the center with each explosion.
- Ultimate: NULL/cmd – KAY/O instantly overloads with polarized radianite energy, empowering him and causing large energy pulses to emit from his location. Enemies hit with the pulses are suppressed for a short duration. KAY/O also gains a combat stim while overloaded. If the robot is killed while overloaded, he’s downed and enters a destabilized state that allows allies to revive him by stabilizing his core.
- Alarmbot – Equip a covert Alarmbot. Fire to deploy a bot that hunts down enemies that get in range. After reaching its target, the bot explodes, applying Vulnerable. Hold equip to recall a deployed bot.
- Turret – Equip a Turret. Fire to deploy a turret that fires at enemies in a 180-degree cone. Hold equip to recall the deployed turret.
- Nanoswarm – Equip a Nanoswarm grenade. Fire to throw the grenade. Upon landing, the Nanoswarm goes covert. Activate the Nanoswarm to deploy a damaging swarm of nanobots.
- Ultimate: Lockdown – Equip the Lockdown device. Fire to deploy the device. After a long windup, the device detains all enemies caught in the radius. The device can be destroyed by enemies.
- High Gear – Instantly channel Neon’s power for increased speed. When charged, use Alt Fire to trigger an electric slide. Slide charge resets after two kils.
- Relay Bolt – Instantly throw an energy bolt that bounces once. Upon hitting each surface, the bolt electrifies the ground below with a concussive blast.
- Fast Lane – Fire two energy lines forward on the ground that extend a short distance or until they hit a surface. The lines rise into walls of static electricity that block vision and damage enemies passing through them.
- Ultimate: Overdrive – Unleash Neon’s full power and speed for a short duration. Fire to channel the power into deadly a lightning beam with high movement accuracy. The duration resets on each kill.
- Paranoia – Send out an Ethereal shadow in a straight line, Nearsighting anyone it touches
- Shadow Walk – After a delay, dematerialize and teleport a short distance.
- Dark Cover – Cast out a stealthed ethereal orb that bursts into an obscuring sphere of shadow at its final location. Can be charged to increase distance.
- Ultimate: From the Shadows – Select anywhere on the map to teleport and reform. When arriving, appear as a Shade, that will go back to your original location if killed. Once the teleport is complete, become Incorporeal for a short time.
- Hot Hands – Throw a fireball that explodes after a delay or upon impact with the ground. The fire zone damages enemies and heals you.
- Blaze – Cast out a flame wall that blocks vision and damages anyone passing through it. You can bend the wall when casting by turning while holding left click.
- Curveball – Cast a curving flare that bursts into brilliant light after a brief delay, temporarily blinding all looking at it. Left click curves it left, right click curves it right.
- Ultimate: Run it Back – Mark your current location. If you die during this ability’s duration or when this ability’s duration expires, you’ll be reborn at the marked location with full health.
- Blast Pack – Instantly throw a Blast Pack that will stick to surfaces. Re-use the ability after deployment to detonate, damaging and moving anything hit.
- Paint Shells – Equip a cluster grenade. Fire to throw the grenade, which does damage and creates sub-munitions, each doing damage to anyone in their range.
- Boom Bot – Equip a Boom Bot. Fire will deploy the bot, causing it to travel in a straight line on the ground, bouncing off walls. The Boom Bot will lock on to any enemies in its frontal cone and chase them, exploding for heavy damage if it reaches them.
- Ultimate: Showstopper – Equip a rocket launcher. Fire shoots a rocket that does massive area damage on contact with anything.
- Dismiss – Consume the life force of a killed enemy to turn invisible and invulnerable for a short duration.
- Devour – Consume the life force of a killed enemy to restore your health.
- Leer – Send out an Ethereal, destructible Orb that Nearsights any enemies that look at it.
- Ultimate: Empress – Enter a heightened state of bloodlust, giving you Rapid Fire and making enemies easier to see for the duration. Scoring a kill resets the timer.
- Slow Orb – Cast out a radianite orb that breaks into a slowing field upon impact with the ground. All caught in the field are slowed, grounded, and make noise when moving.
- Barrier Orb – Conjure a large, solid wall. Right-click to rotate the wall before casting.
- Healing Orb – Heal an ally or yourself to full health over a few seconds.
- Ultimate: Resurrection – Target a friendly corpse. After a short delay, revive them with full health.
- Trailblazer – Skye equips a Tasmanian tiger trinket. Fire to send out and take control of the predator. Players can fire again to leap forward as the tiger, exploding in a concussive blast and damaging enemies directly hit by it.
- Guiding Light – Skye equips a hawk trinket. Fire to send it forward and hold fire to guide the hawk in the direction of your crosshair, similar to Jett’s smokes or Phoenix’s wall. Players can reuse the ability while the hawk is in the air to flash anyone caught in the blind. If an enemy is caught by the flash, the hawk will play a hit-confirm sound.
- Regrowth – Skye equips a healing trinket. Hold fire to channel, healing allies in range and in Skye’s line of sight. The ability can be reused until her healing pool is depleted. Skye can’t heal herself.
- Ultimate: Seekers – Skye equips a Seeker trinket. Fire to send out three Seekers that track down the three closest enemies, nearsighting those caught.
- Shock Bolt – Fire an explosive bolt that emits a damaging pulse of static energy upon impact.
- Owl Drone – Deploy a pilotable drone that can fire a dart that will Reveal enemies who are hit.
- Recon Bolt – Fire a bolt that deploys a sonar emitter. The sonar pings tag nearby enemies, causing them to be revealed. Can be destroyed.
- Ultimate: Hunter’s Fury – Fire up to three deadly energy blasts that spear across the entire map. Each hit enemy takes heavy damage and is marked.
- Snakebite – Fire a projectile that explodes into a pool of damaging acid.
- Poison Cloud – Throw a gas emitter that you can reactivate to create a poisonous smoke cloud at the cost of fuel. The emitter can be picked up and thrown again after a short cooldown.
- Toxic Screen – Deploy a long line of gas emitters that you can reactivate to create a tall wall of toxic gas at the cost of fuel.
- Ultimate: Viper’s Pit – Emit a massive toxic cloud in a large area that lasts as long as Viper stays inside the cloud. Enemies inside the cloud are highlighted to Viper.
- Fakeout – Equip an echo that mimics footsteps when activated. Fire to activate and send the echo forward, alt-fire to place an echo in place, and use the inactive echo to send it forward.
- Gatecrash – Equip to harness a rift tether. Fire to send the tether out moving forward, alt-fire to put a tether in place, and activate to teleport to the tether’s location.
- Blindside – Equip to rip an unstable dimensional fragment from reality. Fire to throw the fragment, activating a flash that winds up once it collides with a hard surface in the world.
- Ultimate: Dimensional Drift – Equips a mask that can see between dimensions. Fire to drift into Yoru’s dimension, making the player unable to be affected or seen by enemies during the ultimate’s duration.